Warrants issued for two Rise of the Moors members; wanted on firearms and bail violation charges


PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Attorney General Peter F. Neronha, Commissioner of Public Safety Steven M. Paré and Colonel Hugh T. Clements, Jr. announced felony charges against a member of Rise of the Moors following a joint investigation by the Providence Police Department and the Office of the Attorney General into illegal firearms in the greater Providence area.


Investigators obtained an arrest warrant for Quinn Cumberlander (age 40) for three counts of providing false identifying information to purchase a firearm. Cumberlander is currently in custody in Massachusetts facing charges there.


It is alleged that Cumberlander provided false address information during multiple attempts to purchase firearms from a dealer in Warwick. On three separate occasions in 2021, Cumberlander applied to purchase a firearm using false information but was denied in every instance.


Providing false information to purchase a firearm is a felony crime in Rhode Island, punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 and/or imprisonment for up to five years.


The Office of the Attorney General also obtained an arrest warrant for Jahmal Talibabdulla Bey (age 29, alias Jahmal Latimer; Jahmal Abdulla Bey) in Providence County Superior Court for violating the terms of his bail stemming from an ongoing criminal case in Superior Court. Bey is currently in custody in Massachusetts.


Bey was arrested on March 4, 2020 by the Rhode Island State Police and charged with one count each of obstructing a law enforcement officer, disorderly conduct, and resisting arrest. Bey’s case is currently pending before the Providence County Superior Court. He was released on bail prior to his arrest by the Massachusetts State Police on July 3.


Authorities in Massachusetts have been notified of the arrest warrants issued for Cumberlander and Bey. Cumberlander will face the Rhode Island charges pending a bail determination in Massachusetts. Bey is currently held without bail in Massachsuetts.


The Providence Police Department and the Office of the Attorney General are leading the investigation and prosecution of the case against Cumberlander.


The Rhode Island State Police and Office of the Attorney General are leading the investigation and prosecution of the case against Bey.


An indictment, information, or complaint is merely an allegation. A defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.




A key FDA advisory panel is weighing whether to recommend approval of Pfizer COVID booster shots. An all-day hearing is underway and a recommendation from the independent panel is expected later today. There is a controversy over whether COVID boosters are needed.       Supporters of far-right figures and extremist groups are being told to stay away from tomorrow's rally in Washington in support of Capitol riot suspects. They say the "Justice for J6" protest rally is a trap set up by the federal government. Local and federal law enforcement agencies say they don't expect more than 700 people to attend.        A Fox News drone is out of the sky after being grounded by the Federal Aviation Administration. It was shooting video of thousands of migrants sheltering under a bridge along the border with Mexico. The FAA has put a two-week flight restriction in place over Del Rio, Texas for "special security reasons."        Gas prices are climbing to their highest level in seven years. Today's Triple-A national survey finds the average price of regular is up three-tenths of a cent, to three-19-point-four a gallon. That's a cent and-a-half higher than one week ago and more than a penny a gallon up from the average a month ago.        The search for a missing Florida woman is taking shape in a community in Wyoming. Park Rangers are starting a ground search in Jackson Hole for 22-year-old Gabby Petito who was last seen nearby at Grand Teton National Park in late August. She'd been on a cross country road trip with her fianc before being reported missing earlier this month.        Plans are in the works to remove the third murder hornet nest found this year in the Pacific Northwest. It's a more difficult job because it's located 20 feet up in a tree, and Washington Department of Agriculture officials say they need special equipment to reach it. There's word that there might also be a fourth nest.